Stroke: 10 Questions to Ask
It's reassuring to know that you can do a lot to recover and to reduce your risk for a repeat stroke. Be sure to take advantage of all the help that's out there! Here are some questions you may want to ask:
- What caused my stroke?
- What kind of therapies do I need?
- Do I need to change my diet?
- What medications are right for me?
- How can I find a stroke support group?
- Who can help me with things like transportation, meal preparation, and disability and insurance forms?
- When will my symptoms start to improve?
- How often should I get checkups—and what symptoms should I report to you between appointments?
- Where can I get more information about my condition?
- How can I reduce my risk of having another stroke?