Start the Day With Yoga in Bed
You can love waking up each morning! Yoga teacher Naomi Sophia Call shares her favorite stretches.
- From a sitting position on your heels or pillow, inhale and raise your arms in front of your torso to shoulder height.
- Exhale and draw your arms behind your back as you clasp your fingers together.
- Press your knuckles or fists down toward the bed as you open up through your chest and sternum. Squeeze your shoulder blades back and together.
- Exhale and allow your body to hinge forward as you bring your forehead toward the bed.
- Gently inhale as you bring your arms up toward the ceiling or let them rest on your tailbone. Breathe, slowly release and pause.
Naomi’s yoga tips
- Set a goal that you can achieve without frustration. Even doing just one stretch can make a difference.
- Start with deep breathing. Lie on your back, close your eyes and rest your hands on your navel. Imagine your belly as a big yellow balloon. As you inhale, feel your belly pressing out toward your palms. Pause, and then exhale, feeling your navel drop back toward your spine. Repeat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Hold each posture for several full breaths (inhalation and exhalation).
- Stop if you feel pain. Never “power through” a stretch.
For more info, visit naomicall.com.