Don't Be Afraid of Rheumatoid Arthritis Infusions
Getting RA medication through an IV is no big deal—really! Read on for one patient’s story that will help you nix the fear.
New to infusion? 8 tips to make treatment go smoothly
- Plan to spend 2-3 hours in treatment.
- Ask your doctor if you will need to take medications prior to your treatment.
- List the medications you take and those to which you are allergic. Show the lists to your healthcare provider prior to your treatments.
- Dress in layered clothing in case you feel too cold or too warm during treatment.
- Bring reading materials, a personal music player and snacks.
- Bring a friend or family member to your first appointment. The company helps, and you may not feel well enough to travel home alone afterward.
- Be considerate of others. Don’t make calls on your cell phone during your treatment.
- Know that it is okay to eat before, during and after treatment.