Questions to Ask About Your Hormone Therapy
The more you know about hormone therapy and what to expect, the more comfortable and confident you’ll feel about your treatment. Getting the answers to these questions is a good start.
- Why have you recommended hormone therapy for me, and what results do you hope to achieve with this therapy?
- What medications will be used?
- How will these medications be administered and what is my treatment schedule?
- What side effects might I expect? What side effects do I need to watch for? What should I report to you immediately?
- How can I limit these side effects? Are there medications I can take to ease or prevent these side effects?
- What are my risks from this type of treatment?
- Who on your team should I contact if I have questions or concerns?
- What lifestyle modifications can I make in order to feel my best during treatment?
- Does hormone therapy put me at risk for other health conditions? If so, what can I do to prevent them from developing?