Recent studies have found that patients who went to their dermatologist appointments knowing what they wanted to ask were more satisfied with their care. Your list of questions might include the following:
- What are the treatment options for my type of psoriasis?
- What are the potential benefits and risks?
- What will the treatment cost?
- How quickly will I see results?
- In most people who use this treatment, for how long is it effective?
- If I decide against this treatment, what are my other options?
- How frequently am I likely to have flare-ups? Is there anything I can do to make them less intense?
- What can I do beyond medical treatment to help keep my skin clear?