The more you know about hormone therapy and what to expect, the more comfortable and confident you’ll feel about your treatment. Getting the answers to these questions is a good start.
- Why have you recommended hormone therapy for me, and what results do you hope to achieve with this therapy?
- What medications will be used?
- How will these medications be administered and what is my treatment schedule?
- What side effects might I expect? What side effects do I need to watch for? What should I report to you immediately?
- How can I limit these side effects? Are there medications I can take to ease or prevent these side effects?
- What are my risks from this type of treatment?
- Who on your team should I contact if I have questions or concerns?
- What lifestyle modifications can I make in order to feel my best during treatment?
- Does hormone therapy put me at risk for other health conditions? If so, what can I do to prevent them from developing?