Thinking about osteoporosis for the first time? Ask your doctor…
- Am I at risk for bone loss?
- Could any of my other health problems (or medications I take) contribute to bone loss over time?
- Do I need a bone mineral density test?
- How do I know if I'm getting enough calcium and vitamin D?
- How do I know if I'm getting enough physical activity?
- Do I need to take an osteoporosis treatment to help protect my bones?
Already been diagnosed with osteoporosis? Ask your doctor…
- What's my osteoporosis status? How serious is my bone loss?
- Do I need a bone mineral density test? What do the results ofmy last few tests tell us about my bone health?
- How effective have my lifestyle modifications been so far? (e.g., better nutrition, more exercise, taking supplements, etc.)
- Do I need to take an osteoporosis medication?
- If I'm already taking an osteoporosis medication, do we know how well the treatment is working? Might I need to try a new medication?
- When should I schedule my next appointment?