Resistance tubing is an inexpensive, convenient tool to help you get needed exercise -- at virtually any location.
The American Council on Exercise mentions these suggestions for using resistance tubing:
- Inspect tubing to look for any holes or worn areas. Replace if necessary.
- Do not use tubing on cement or asphalt, which can cause tears.
- Don't wear sandals or dress shoes while using tubing. Instead, don a sturdy, comfortable pair of athletic shoes.
- Secure tubing under a foot or anchor before you begin each exercise.
- Focus on good posture during your exercise, keeping knees slightly bent, chest out and abdominal muscles taut.
Health News Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.