(HealthDay News) -- Young children may be most susceptible to red, itchy heat rash, but it can strike anyone at any age.
The American Osteopathic Association suggests how to help prevent heat rash:
- Wear lightweight, loose clothing that helps draw moisture away from skin.
- When taking a bath or shower, use cool water and soap that doesn't contain dyes or fragrance.
- During hot weather, stay in the shade or in an air- conditioned place.
- Make sure your bedroom is well-ventilated and cool.
- Don't use skin products that contain petroleum or mineral oil, which can block pores.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.