(HealthDay News) -- Keeping your home clean and tidy can help keep pests away without the use of pesticides.
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services offers these suggestions:
- Wash dishes shortly after you finish eating, and wipe down counter tops.
- Empty indoor trash cans daily, storing trash in secure cans outdoors.
- Store sugar, cereals, cookies and crackers in containers with sealed lids.
- Promptly repair any plumbing leaks.
- Caulk windows, replace broken siding, install screens on vents and windows, and make sure doors fit well.
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.