(HealthDay News) -- If you've got a cold, do your part to prevent spreading the virus to others.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers this advice:
- Use a tissue to cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Promptly throw away any used tissues.
- If you can't get a tissue, sneeze or cough into your elbow rather than your hand.
- If necessary, wear a facemask to protect others from infection.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water aren't available, clean hands with alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Health News Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.