(HealthDay News) -- Beans are rich in fiber and full of valuable nutrients, while largely void of fat and cholesterol.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests how to add beans to your favorite recipes:
- Use black beans in dishes such as Cuban rice and beans, soups, stews and tacos.
- Use cannellini, or white kidney beans, in your favorite Italian side dishes, casseroles, salads, soups and stews.
- Add garbanzo beans in hummus, casseroles, stews, soups and couscous.
- Make a mixed-bean salad, chili, Cajun bean dishes, soups and stews with red kidney beans.
- Make tofu, side dishes and soups with soybeans.
- Pinto beans can be added to stews and soups, or used to make refried beans or Mexican rice and beans.
Health News Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.