(HealthDay News) -- Your digestive system plays a key role in your overall health.
To keep it running smoothly, the University of Michigan Health System offers these suggestions:
- Adhere to a regular eating schedule each day, and keep portion sizes similar for each meal.
- Eat breakfast every morning.
- Maintain a healthy diet rich in both soluble and insoluble fibers.
- Limit caffeine, but do drink plenty of decaffeinated beverages.
- Get exercise each day, preferably at the same time.
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.