The more you know about chemotherapy and what to expect, the more comfortable you’ll feel about your treatment. Getting the answers to these questions is a good start.
- Why have you recommended chemotherapy for me, and what results do you hope to achieve with this chemo?
- What chemo medications will be used?
- How will these medications be administered?
- What side effects might I expect? What side effects do I need to watch for? What should I report to you immediately?
- How can I limit these side effects? Are there medications I can take to ease or prevent these side effects?
- What are my risks from this type of chemo?
- Who on your team should I contact? May I have contact information?
- What is my chemotherapy treatment schedule?
- How long will my chemo sessions last? Can I have visitors?
- Do you recommend having a port implanted?
- What lifestyle modifications can I make in order to feel my best during chemo?
- Does chemo put me at risk for other health conditions? If so, what can I do to prevent them from developing?
- Can I/should I work during chemo? Exercise? Socialize?
For more info on undergoing chemotherapy, visit Guide2Chemo.com.