Today the healthcare provider will be gathering information about you so you can receive the very best care. Here are some of the items that may be discussed.
- Your recent history regarding this diagnosis: They’ll need to understand how you came to be diagnosed and what tests and procedures you have had so far. Did you discover a lump? Visit your primary care provider or gynecologist? Get referred for mammography? Be ready to fill them in with these details.
- Your personal and family history of cancer: Have you had cancer in the past? Type? Age at diagnosis? Have your parents, grandparents, siblings or children had cancer? Type? Age at diagnosis?
- Your other health conditions: They'll need to know if you have other health issues, such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, depression or other mental health disorders.
- Medications and supplements: List all prescription medications you take, including bioidentical hormones in topical form, antidepressants or antianxiety medication, blood pressure medication. List over-the-counter supplements you take, including multivitamins-multiminerals, sports supplements, fat-loss pills, joint remedies, herbal formulations (including medicinal teas). Important: Indicate medications to which you are allergic.
- Past surgeries/procedures: List all surgeries and procedures you have had.