Peripheral Artery Disease: 10 Questions to Ask
Some people with peripheral artery disease (PAD) believe they need to cut back on physical activity. But that could be the wrong thing to do. Your healthcare provider can clear up any misunderstandings you may have about PAD, and give you advice on how to continue a safe and healthy life style. Here are questions you may want to ask:
- What does PAD mean for my health?
- What kind of physical activity—and how much of it—is safe for me?
- Should I continue exercising if I have pain?
- Do I need to change my diet?
- What are my treatment options?
- What medications are right for me—and do they have side effects?
- Will I need to see a specialist?
- When will my symptoms start to improve?
- How often should I get checkups—and what symptoms should I report to you between appointments?
- Where can I learn more about PAD?