Osteoarthritis: 11 Questions to Ask
Osteoarthritis (OA) affects your body and mind. Having open and honest communications with your doctor can go a long way toward helping you successfully manage your treatment and your overall health. Here are some questions you may want to ask your care provider:
- What is OA doing to my body? How serious is the disease for me?
- What lab tests or imaging studies are needed to monitor my condition?
- What are my treatment options?
- Should I see a specialist? What kind?
- What medications are right for me—and do they have side effects?
- What lifestyle changes should I make to reduce OA symptoms?
- What types of exercise are safe for me?
- Should I consider alternative therapies to complement my treatment plan?
- When do you think my symptoms start to improve?
- How often should I get checkups—and what symptoms should I report to you between appointments?
- Where can I get more information about my condition?