Health Tip: Feeling Sleepy at College?
(HealthDay News) -- Between studying and socializing at all hours, college students often struggle with a lack of sleep and fatigue.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these suggestions:
- Don't rely on caffeine, nicotine and other stimulants, as they can impact your sleep even hours later.
- Create a good environment for sleep, such as turning off bright lights and drowning out loud noise.
- Schedule waking and bedtime hours, and stick to your schedule during the week and on weekends.
- Talk to a doctor if you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep.
- Avoid staying up all night to study.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.