Bone Metastases: Questions to Ask Your Doctor
Becoming a proactive partner in your healthcare means gathering as much information as you can about your bone metastases. Ask these questions at your next exam. If it helps, ask a loved one to accompany you and jot down the answers for you.
- How extensive are my bone metastases?
- What can I do to prevent broken bones?
- What tests or scans will I need? How often will I need them?
- What treatment for my bone mets do you recommend and why?
- What are the risks, benefits and side effects of this treatment?
- How will we know if this treatment is working?
- What symptoms or side effects should I report to you?
- What can I do about bone pain?
- How can I monitor the health of my bones?
- Is there a clinical trial that could help me?