High Triglycerides: 10 Questions to Ask
Finding out that you have high triglycerides means it's time to make some important changes—from increasing the amount of high-fiber foods you eat to reducing the amount of fatty, high-calorie foods in your diet. Also maintain an open and honest dialogue with your doctor; it can go a long way toward helping you successfully manage your treatment. Here are some questions to ask your healthcare provider:
- How long after I make positive lifestyle changes can I expect to see my triglyceride levels drop?
- How much weight should I lose to make a significant improvement in my health?
- How often should I have a lipid panel blood test?
- How important is it that I quit smoking, and can you offer me some help in doing so?
- How much alcohol is it okay for me to drink?
- Should I keep track of my cholesterol levels in addition to my triglyceride levels?
- How much exercise will make an impact on my triglyceride levels?
- What types of exercise are safe for me?
- How often should I get checkups?
- Where can I find more information about my condition?