Improving your family’s heart health can be as easy as putting the right dinner on the table.
You can significantly reduce the amount of damaging fatty acids called triglycerides in your bloodstream with our simple, triglyceride-lowering meal plan. Simply pair one of the main-course options with the side dishes listed below for a tasty, healthy meal.
Main dish (Choose one):
- Omega-3-rich fish, such as salmon or lake trout: 3 oz. per person
- Lean meat or poultry, such as chicken, turkey, or veal: 2-3 oz. per person
- Soy products, such as tofu and tempeh (a textured, vegetable protein): 2.5 oz. per person
Veggie (Choose one or two):
- Fiber-rich, cruciferous veggies (which have excellent cancer-fighting properties), such as broccoli or cauliflower
- Dark, leafy greens, such as spinach, kale or Swiss chard (as much as you like)
Whole grains (Choose one):
- Whole-grain roll or slice of bread
- ½ cup whole-wheat pasta, quinoa or bulgur
- ½ ear of corn