High Cholesterol: 10 Questions to Ask
If you've been diagnosed with high cholesterol, the following questions should be on your list of things to ask your doctor:
- What tests will I need and how often?
- What are my treatment options?
- What foods should I avoid—or eat more frequently?
- How much should I exercise, and what kinds of exercise should I do?
- In addition to taking the medication you prescribe, are there alternative therapies I can try?
- Why are you prescribing this particular medication?
- What are the potential side effects of the medication you are prescribing?
- How often should I see you about this, and how will you monitor my condition?
- Do I need to see a specialist?
- Can you recommend any educational material or websites for me to read?