Hepatitis C: 10 Questions to Ask
If you have hepatitis C, you've probably spent some time worrying about what the disease is doing to your body and how it will affect your future. Meeting with your doctor is an ideal opportunity to finally get answers to some of the burning questions you may have about your condition. Coming up with a list of questions before your scheduled visit can help you make the most out of your appointment. Here are some questions you might consider asking:
- What is hepatitis C doing to my body—and how serious is my condition?
- What tests are needed to monitor my condition?
- What are my treatment options?
- What options do I have if I don't respond to treatment?
- Should I consider alternative therapies in addition to my treatment plan?
- What medications are right for me—do they have side effects?
- What lifestyle changes should I make to protect my liver, and also ensure that I don't spread the virus to my friends, colleagues or loved ones?
- How can I expect my symptoms to change over time?
- How often should I get checkups—and should I notify you if anything changes?
- Where can I get more information about my condition?