Questions to Ask Your Heart Team
Get answers to these important questions and discuss with your healthcare providers.
- I am experiencing one or more symptoms of heart valve disease. Which tests can help us find out what the problem is and how serious it is?
- What are my treatment options if I have mitral valve disease?
- What are my treatment options if I have aortic stenosis?
- How can we determine which options are best for me?
- If my disease is not serious, how will it be monitored?
- Do I need valve repair or replacement? If so, which one and why?
- Will I need open heart surgery or can I undergo a less invasive treatment?
- If I need a valve replacement, do you recommend a man-made valve or one made from animal tissue?
- What are the risks of the treatment you are recommending?
What happens if I don’t receive treatment?
- What lifestyle steps can I take to improve my heart health and recover more quickly from any procedure?