Health Tip: Wishing for Better Balance?
Medical issues can make you wobbly
(HealthDay News) -- If you're not as steady on your feet as you once were, a number of medical conditions may be responsible.
Here are possible reasons for poor balance, courtesy of Harvard Medical School:
- Having a central nervous system disorder, such as Parkinson's disease or multiple sclerosis.
- Having an inner ear condition that causes dizziness, such as Meniere's disease.
- Having vision problems, such as glaucoma, cataracts or macular degeneration.
- Having weakened muscles, notably those of the back, thigh or abdomen.
- Having nerve damage in the feet or legs.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.