Health Tip: Warm Up Before Exercise
It boosts metabolism before activity
(HealthDay News) -- If you're hesitant to spend a few extra minutes warming up before a workout, you may be missing out on major health benefits.
The American Council on Exercise explains these advantages of a pre-workout warmup:
- Helps your core body temperature rise, increasing efficiency of calories you burn.
- Leads to more vigorous and faster muscle contractions.
- Boosts rate of oxygen delivery to the muscles by raising your metabolic rate.
- Improves muscle elasticity, reducing risk of injury and improving muscle control.
- Helps your body's energy system adjust more easily to exercise.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.