Health Tip: Trim Daily Calories
Food substitutions that will make you feel full
(HealthDay News) -- Experts say to lose a pound a week, you'll need to cut 3,500 calories during that span. But how can you do so without feeling hungry?
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests:
- Avoid sweetened drinks, and foods with fat and added sugar.
- Instead of chips, snack on raw vegetables.
- In lieu of baked goods, enjoy sliced pineapple, oranges or some berries.
- Avoid alcohol, in favor of a glass of sparkling water.
- Drink a glass of fat-free chocolate milk, which should satisfy your craving for a candy bar.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.