Health Tip: Sleepless on Sunday
Suggestions for a better night's rest
(HealthDay News) -- If you're tossing and turning on Sunday night in anticipation of the week ahead, you're not alone. Experts say it's when the fewest people get a good night's rest.
The National Sleep Foundation offers these suggestions for improving your Sunday night respite:
- Go to bed at the same time on weekends as during the week, which will help your body get used to the schedule.
- Wake up at the same time each morning, even on weekends. Indulge in a short afternoon nap if you need it.
- Make Sunday night a fun night with an activity you look forward to, such as a special dinner.
- Prepare for Sunday night sleep throughout the day, getting exercise early in the day and cutting out caffeine and nicotine at least six hours before bed. Start turning down the lights as soon as dusk sets in.
- Before bed, take a warm bath, have a mug of warm tea and read a good book to promote relaxation.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.