Health Tip: Preparing Leftovers
Proper preparation can help ward off food poisoning
(HealthDay News) -- Taking food home from a restaurant or storing the excess from last night's dinner isn't worth it if the food makes you sick.
The Foodsafety.gov website offers these guidelines for safe preparation of leftovers:
- Keep leftovers in shallow storage containers.
- If freezing, do so within two hours of cooking.
- Eat all refrigerated leftovers within four days, or throw them out.
- Eat frozen leftovers within four months.
- Make sure all leftovers are thoroughly reheated before eating.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.