Health Tip: Help Heal a Heel Spur
Rest, ice and medication often do the trick
(HealthDay News) -- Heel spurs are bony growths that form on the heel as a result of overuse or obesity. They can lead to significant pain and discomfort.
The Ohio State University Medical Center suggests how to help heal heel spurs:
- Rest the foot, and apply ice to the sore area.
- Take an anti-inflammatory medication, such as ibuprofen.
- Gently stretch the foot before any activity.
- Always use shoe inserts, and make sure shoes fit properly.
- Talk to your doctor about the need for corticosteroid injection.
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.