Health Tip: Have the Holiday Blues?
Less daylight may play a part
(HealthDay News) -- The holiday blues, characterized by depression and anxiety around the holidays, are not uncommon and can be triggered by a number of factors.
The UC Davis Health System mentions these possible causes:
- The time change and exposure to fewer daylight hours.
- Greater consumption of alcohol.
- Eating too much at holiday get-togethers.
- Planning too many events, and overcommitting.
- Having unrealistic expectations about what you should accomplish during the holidays.
- Lack of exercise and not enough time for yourself.
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.