Health Tip: Enjoy a Healthy Holiday Gathering
Prepare healthy foods
(HealthDay News) -- When spending time at holiday get-togethers, make sure your visits are healthy for the entire family.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these suggestions:
- Serve healthy meals and snacks.
- Make sure food is cooked properly to reduce the risk of food-borne illness.
- Engage in activities that involve exercise, such as dancing, hiking or walking.
- When catching up with family members, ask about their health history.
- Take precautions for safe travel.
- Remain environmentally conscious throughout the holiday season.
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.