Health Tip: Driving Down the Highway
Make sure you're awake and alert
(HealthDay News) -- While you're cruising down the highway, always make sure you're awake and alert.
The American Red Cross offers these safety suggestions:
- Make sure you stay alert and are well-rested.
- Wear your seat belt.
- Don't exceed the speed limit.
- Slow down in work zones.
- Never talk on a cell phone.
- If taking a long trip, stop frequently for breaks, and switch drivers.
- Maintain space between other vehicles, and be mindful of other drivers.
- Make sure all headlights, tail lights, signal lights and windows are clean.
- Turn on headlights at dusk, and make sure they're on any time you use your windshield wipers.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.