Questions for Your Eye Care Team
By knowing what to discuss with your eye healthcare provider at your next eye care exam, you’ll get the most out of your visit. This list will help you.
Here are concerns to discuss at your next appointment:
- How is my vision, and what do the numbers mean? (e.g., 20/20, 20/100)
- What can I do to prevent my eyesight from getting worse?
- Overall, how healthy are my eyes? Am I at risk for eye diseases? (Examples include glaucoma, macular degeneration and cataracts.)
- What can I do to lower my risk of eye diseases?
- Do I need to use prescription medication, such as eyedrops? What does this medication do, and how often should I use it?
- How often should I get my eyes checked?