What's the Right Diabetes Treatment for You?
Whether you've had diabetes for a long time or have been diagnosed only recently, it's important to discuss a variety of health questions with your doctor during appointments. Here are a few ideas:
- What do my test results tell us about my diabetes?
- How often should I be checking my blood sugar levels?
- What are three or four things I should be doing to change my lifestyle and diet in a way that will be healthy?
- What treatments should we consider? I want to learn more about medications like short-acting and long-acting insulin.
- What are my options for taking insulin? I want to learn more about using a syringe vs. an insulin pen vs. a pump.
- Are my blood pressure and cholesterol levels healthy?
- Do my feet look healthy?
- When should I make my next appointment to see you?
- Can you recommend a diabetes education program or a diabetes educator for me to meet with?