- How slowly or quickly is my RA progressing?
- Based on my RA symptoms and my treatment goals, what treatments do you recommend?
- What are the side effects of these medications?
- Do I need other treatments, such as physicaland/or occupational therapy?
- What kinds of exercises do you suggest?
- What about other lifestyle changes?
- What else do I need to know?
- When should I come back for my next checkup?
Keep in mind that RA treatment isn't just about the pain and physical limitations you can actually feel. Because RA is an autoimmune disease, your doctor may suggest treatments or lifestyle changes that can help with your symptoms now and slow the progression of the disease to avoid future joint damage.
Get a printable version here to bring with you to your next appointment.